He is the first person encountered on the Shivering Isles, and will ask if the Hero wishes to enter the Realm of Sheogorath. If this request is declined, the Door to Cyrodiil will be the only location accessible.
Later on, the Hero will be able to summon him for no cost to magicka. While he will not aid the hero in battle, he will offer information and help on quests (although he is frequently and easily annoyed by the Hero throughout the entire course of the Shivering Isles questline).
When the questline is finished, he will be a source of income via small missions that call for the Hero to defend the Isles, and as a purveyor of entertainment. Haskill cannot be harmed; weapons will go right through him with no adverse effect, as with Sheogorath in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- Haskill will appear at the Shrine of Sheogorath in Cyrodiil if the Shivering Isles main quest is completed.
- It is never revealed how Haskill came to be Lord Sheogorath's chamberlain. In fact, since he seems so melancholic and bored, it is a wonder he chooses to remain at all as there has never been any mention of what 'madness' Haskill may be afflicted with.
- Whatever Haskill's true nature, if this interview with the character (written by Bethesda employees) is to be considered canon, he is not mortal.
- He is voiced by Jeff Baker.
- Sheogorath mentions him during the quest The Mind of Madness in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- He appears in The Elder Scrolls Online during the quests Long Lost Lore, Simply Misplaced and The Mad God's Bargain. The player first encounters him in Cheesemonger's Hollow.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online